A coupled electro-magnetic-thermal-structural simulation platform for study of motors, generators, transformers, switchgears, sensors and drives.
JMAG is a simulation software for electric device design and development. It accurately grasps complex physical phenomena inside of equipment and performs high-speed analysis.
Since being released in 1983, JMAG has been used in industries and universities world-wide and has contributed to the development of thousands of products. Continuous communication with its users has strengthened JMAG, allowing it to become more refined.
It is our wish that JMAG continues to grow and develop with its users.
Advantages of JMAG:
- Fast: JMAG is the fastest electromagnetic finite element analysis program available. Incredible speed has facilitated analyses of large-scale models that were impossible before. This analysis speed allows you to accurately model complex phenomena as well as perform detailed parametric analyses with hundreds or even thousands of cases. Analysis time is reduced through a combination of better software operating on more powerful hardware. JSOL is constantly updating and improving its solvers as well as working with hardware manufactures to take advantage of the latest computational methods.
- High Productivity: JMAG is capable of analyzing and quantifying phenomena that were once only observable during real-world testing. Virtual modeling allows you to dig deeper into the phenomena and explore more detail about the design. Virtual testing can also eliminate design problems ahead of production, which can significantly reduce testing costs.Through customer feedback and internal testing, JMAG’s accuracy is constantly tested and challenged in some of the most demanding electromagnetic applications.
- Accurate: JMAG’s fast solvers are only a part of reducing the total analysis time. A significant portion of the analysis time is spent just setting up the model. To make this process easier, JMAG has an intuitive and easy to use interface. JSOL has formed partnerships with material manufactures to ensure that materials in the JMAG database are accurate and up to date. JSOL has also developed various tools from an optimization program to automated meshers to improve productivity. These features allow you to focus on your design and let JMAG do the work!
- Open Interface: The Electromagnetic Analysis domain is only one of many domains that customers work within. A typical device analysis includes everything from noise and vibration simulations to circuit and control models. Each analysis domain has multiple programs that can create simulations within that domain. JSOL recognizes that each user has preferences on what programs work best for their model. JSOL has built partnerships with many of the leading software analysis programs so that JMAG users can work with programs that they are most comfortable with. This freedom allows JMAG users to seek out the best possible results across multiple analysis programs.
JMAG Simulation Technology:
- Solver: Solver speed is directly associated with model accuracy and reliability. Finite element analysis comes down to solving very large matrices. JSOL has developed advanced techniques to solve these matrices faster and produce more consistent results.
JMAG users have some of the most advanced solver algorithms at their fingertips, and can be certain that JSOL will continue to adopt the latest calculation architecture within JMAG. For more info, click here.
- Mesh: It goes without saying that a high quality mesh is critical for a high precision analysis. JMAG gives users several options to create mesh: from automatic to manual mesh, users can choose the method that works best for them. The mesher within JMAG is both advanced and easy to use, which means that JMAG can generate optimal mesh for every type of analysis. We strive to develop automatic mesh generation technology by leveraging more than 30 years of FEA expertise and utilizing JMAGfs unique geometry recognition technology. For more info, click here.
- Modeling: JSOL has developed partnerships with material manufacturers to obtain the best possible data for JMAG’s material database. Along with our comprehensive database, we continue to work with our partners to provide the necessary data for advanced analyses. For more info, click here.
JMAG – Applications:
JMAG – Analysis Functions:
Industries JMAG caters to: