At ProSIM, we carry out
- Conceptual Design
- Basic Design
- Engineering design.
We take up performance requirements and specifications from our customers and develop the design in a collaborative and consultative manner.
Once the conceptual part of design is cleared, we do the basic design calculations as per industry practice and carry out detailed engineering design for rigorous validation exercise.
ProSIM team members have expertise to use several CAD/CAM/CAE/Simulation (CAx) tools. The collective team expertise at ProSIM is augmented by the experience of ProSIM team members in their previous organizations, or while working onsite at customer places. This expertise is further accentuated by the design and analysis process orientation at ProSIM.
At ProSIM, we have the ability to look at the particular problem of our customers, and suggest optimum software tool to be used for that particular application. We can use the licenses provided by customers, or rent/ lease the licenses depending on the customer specific needs or use our licences available.
– CATIA, UG – NX, Pro-E, Inventor
– HYPERMESH, FEMAP, ICEMCFD, PATRAN
– ANSYS, NASTRAN, ABAQUS, LS DYNA, LUSAS, NISA
– SIMPACK, ADAMS
- Electro Mechanical System
– JMAG ,
- Topology Optimization
– Optistruct, Tosca
- Parametric Optimisation
– iSight, HEEDS, in-house routines, Matlab
- Fatigue & Durability
– FeSAFE, In-house models
- Crack Propagation & Damage Tolerance (Fracture)
- Materials and Damage modelling
– ZEBULON, Z-MAT, ABAQUS
- Casting Simulation
– ADSTEFAN, Magma,
- Forging and Metal Forming
– Abaqus, DEFORM, Hyperform, Zebulon
- Use and Customisation of Open Source software platforms.
– Expertise includes usage of open source software tools (for CAE /FEM /MBD /CFD /EMAG /Optimisation etc.
– Development of interfaces between open source tools and commercial tools
(PS: ProSIM may have exposure to additional software tools, including usage of open source platforms, in addition to those mentioned here. For any such requirement contact ProSIM).
DEVELOPMENT OF PLUG-Ins
We create unique plug-ins for simulation software. For example, we have developed plug-ins / Macros for:
- Verification of designs for seismic evaluation of nuclear components/ systems (Class I, II, III, and IV) as per ASME codes (Section 3) NB/NC/ND/NF in ANSYS and ABAQUS
- Verification of various types of damages as per RCCM-R codes
- Verification of design of cranes for CE certification
- For simulation of powder compaction process and predicting the elastic spring back
- A scripted interface to generate 3D CAD model of air core reactor, and input to JMAG software for electro-magnetic and noise analysis for certification as per // …. Standard//
- Our engineers understand your company’s unique requirements and help by customizing the software available according to their specific application needs. Our engineering focus has built solutions tailored to realize customer’s business goals of creating innovative products at a reduced cost and within shorter time frames.
- Plug-ins are also developed for open source software tools for customer specific applications.
CUSTOMISATION OF CAX SOFTWARE
ProSIM has expertise in customisation of CAX software using scripting, macros, APIs. For example, we have customized
- ABAQUS software for design, FEM analysis, verification as per ASME Pressure Vessel codes, and report generation. By this, the effort for an analyst to qualify the design is reduced from about 30 to 40 man days of effort to about 5 to 7 days.
- We have assisted a reputed automotive wheel maker to streamline the design by generating the parametric models and design automation scripts. Using this, our customer can generate new designs in a matter of hours (compared to weeks of effort earlier)
- We customise the open source software for customer specific application and provide training on the usage of customised software tools.