ProSIM has expertise in the design, finite element analysis, load combination, ASME (and other codes/ standards) code qualification.
ProSIM brings comprehensive experience in
- design procedure,
- the industry specific codes and standards such as
- ASME Boiler and pressure vessel (B&PV) code: Section III, Section VIII, division 1 and 2; Part X; Section B; 16; API, ASTM, ISO, BS and other codes- as appropriate.
- ASME published the B&PV Code Section III
- materials (ferrous, non-ferrous, non-metallic – composites etc)
- finite element analysis,
- structural integrity, damage and risk assessment
- Fabrication procedure (weld integrity, forming etc.)
- erection and commissioning issues (supports, bolts etc.)
ProSIM expertise include pressure vessels used in a variety of industries such as:
- Power generation industry for fossils
- Nuclear power
- Petrochemical industry for storing and processing crude petroleum oil in tank farms as well as storing gasoline in service station
- Chemical and processing Industry
- Industrial plants for storage and manufacturing process
- Food and pharmaceutical industry
ProSIM has developed in-house best practices for design and code qualification of pressure vessels. These are embedded in macros that are embedded in our macros / subroutines / scripts.
ProSIM specialists understand solvers of finite element analysis (FEA) such as software such as ABAQUS / ANSYS. We have developed a customised post processor for ASME code evaluation using Abaqus result files (.odb). This will drastically reduce the time (from 2-7 days to less than 2 hours); and minimise the human error in stress linearization, load combination etc.
ProSIM deliverables include:
- Design calculations
- 3D CAD models and 2D manufacturing drawings
- Nozzle loads estimation
- FEM analysis report (Stress / thermal / flow (CFD)
- Fatigue Damage assessment report
- Load combination
- stress classification and linearization
- ASME B&PV Code evaluation report
- Failure analysis