At ProSIM, we have abilities to develop constitutive models, damage models of a variety of materials. These models help to generate high fidelity FEM models that capture the realistic behaviour of these materials under operating / loading conditions.
ProSIM capabilities include:
- Metallic alloys (steel, aluminium, magnesium), ceramics, composites, honeycomb, inter-metallic alloys/ super-alloys, porous materials, polymeric materials
- Elasto-plastic, visco-plastic, visco-elastic, hyper elastic materials
- Generation of constitutive models from test data
- Damage modelling
- Fatigue damage and durability assessment (thermo-mechanical damage, high cycle fatigue, low cycle fatigue,
- Creep and creep-fatigue interaction
- Fracture simulation (3D crack propagation simulation)
- Powder Compaction and Sintering modelling
These models are applied in the FEM analysis or other multi-scale or multi-physics simulations to obtain realistic system behaviour.
ProSIM has worked on a variety of applications including:
- Compaction of hard metal / sintering of powders (cutting tools)
- Compaction of metallic powders.
- Damage modelling of gas turbine rotor shafts and blades (super alloys)
- Modelling of variety of composites used in automotive and aerospace industry
- Honey comb structures used in space crafts, air crafts, and defence
- Non-linear visco elastic materials used in seals, gaskets, tyres, and mounts