ProSIM capabilities in Gear Box Design Validation and optimization.
ProSIM has expertise in design validation and optimization of gear boxes used for variety of applications including automotive, off-road vehicles, wind turbines, helicopters, airplanes, railways, and industrial machinery.
ProSIM has worked on static components (housings) and torque transfer parts, and the entire gear box as an aggregate system.
ProSIM activities include:
- Creating 3D CAD models of gear box
- Assembly, tolerancing, fitment,
- Conducting multi-body dynamic (MBD/ MBS) simulations
- Load Path analysis
- Gear tooth correction and transmission error optimisation
- Modal analysis, displacement, velocity, acceleration at all points of interest (bearing locations), order analysis, transmission efficiency,
- Gear rattle and whine noise
- Synchronizer engagement analysis
- Resonance analysis / order analysis to identify speeds at which gear pairs resonate and cause noise.
- Torsional Vibrations
- Finite element analysis (FEA/ FEM)
- Contact Stress (gear contact),
- shaft deflection, stress and
- deflection and stress in housing,
- Transient /random dynamics
- Fatigue damage and durability
- Noise (NVH)
- Optimisation ( to increase performance – increase durability, reduce noise, reduce weight)
- Coupled physics (thermal analysis, grease / lubrication analysis)
- Failure analysis