Shamasundar, Promoter and MD of ProSIM R&D Pvt Ltd., is evangelising usage of computer simulation technologies to design, validate, optimise products and processes for over 3 decades.
Shamasundar worked on modelling of a range of material processing operations including casting, forging, extrusion, hydro-forming, powder coating, powder compaction and sintering covering a variety of materials including high strength steels, aluminium alloys, high temperature super alloys (of Ti and Ni base), honey comb structures, composites and visco-elastic / visco plastic materials.
Shamasundar has Ph.D from Indian Institute of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
He has worked as :
- National Science Foundation (NSF-USA) sponsored research scholar at Drexel University;
- British council sponsored Academic Visitor in Imperial College London, and later a Research Fellow sponsored by Department of Trade and Industry, UK.
- He was selected for the prestigious National Research Council (NRC-USA) post-doctoral fellowship.
- Visiting Scientist at Materials Research Lab of Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio (US Air Force).
- Adjunct Faculty, Wright State University, Dayton, USA.
Shamasundar has been invited to deliver lectures in various professional forum including ASME, SAE, ASM, SME, EuroForge, IMTMA (Indian Machine tool manufacturers’ association), IIF (Institute of Indian Foundrymen), CII (Confederation of Indian Industry), FICCI (Federation of Indian chamber of commerce and industry) and so on.
He has published more than 45 papers in computational modelling. He is recipient of KSCST award, and Japan Society for Technology of Plasticity (JSTP) award for young scientists.
At ProSIM, Shamasundar has created a centre for excellence in multi-disciplinary and multi-physics simulation environments, to study the interaction of Design-Materials-Manufacturing-Performance in an integrated manner. A dedicated leadership team is developed within ProSIM.
Dr Shamasundar is passionate about providing proper learning environments to engineers. He is striving for skill development and engineering capacity enhancement of engineering students, fresh graduates and working engineers.
Popularly known as Dr. SS, he enjoys Carnatic music and is a strict practitioner of Yoga.